Pix4DCapture App for H520 Hexacopter
3D mapping via drone
Fast, accurate and easy: Drones revolutionize digital surveying and construction technology. The commercial H520 Hexacopter and the Pix4Dcapture app, designed specifically for the H520, allow authorities with security tasks, civil engineers and surveying technicians to collect high-precision and georeferenced image data for creating 3D models.
Available on the Google Play Store, the free H520 Pix4Dcapture app not only makes it easier for users to plan their mission, but also captures images and data in an ideal way for further processing with the Pix4D software suite. By integrating the app into the ST16S remote control, Copter and Pix4Dcapture software are interconnected without the use of third-party devices. This combination allows for a completely smooth mission planning and execution. The Pix4Dcapture app currently only supports the E90 camera for the H520.
Learn more about how to install Pix4Dcapture onto your ST16S.
The H520 Pix4D solution's precise details allow police forces to create true-to-detail 3D crime scene recordings, engineers to create realistic 3D building models, or rescue personnel to make full-scale 1:1 maps of a disaster situation. The entire range of further processing ranges from high-resolution and georeferenced orthophotos to surface models and textured 3D models to point clouds.
Software packages for 2D / 3D modeling
The Pix4Dcapture app captures images and data in an ideal way for further processing with Pix4D's mapping software suite. Pix4D offers four optional postprocessing software:
- Professional mapping software
- Suitable for agriculture applications
- Generate index maps, like NDVI, and classify own prescription maps
- Documentation, measurement and analysis of construction sites
- Creation of photo-realistic 3D models for the measurement of volumes and surfaces
- Checking the progress of construction, comparison with design drawings to uncover construction errors
- Creation of precise georeferenced 2D maps and 3D models
- Suitable for city modeling, accident reconstruction, environmental review
- Frequent output forms: Digital surface model, orthomosaic, volume calculation, contours, 3D structural model, thermography
- Creates 3D models from photographs, export to standard 3D file formats
- Export of fly-through videos for visualization
- 3D models are 3D-printable
- Particulary suitable for industrial design prototypes or architectural models